Louth Methodist was dedicated on May 17, 1878 by Rev.
A. Langford and Rev. Wm Maxwell of St. Paul Street Church. The church
was the union between New Connection Church and Wesleyans Church, both
located on highway #8. The site was $150.00 from Mr. Bowslaugh, built by
Mr. Moses Hilton.
Plans began in 1877. A
number of graves were moved to the cemetery for farms. The first burial
was Samuel Smith, aged fifteen years.
In 1933, the
school hall was built with $300.00 from the estate of Mrs. Carle. In
1935, a new organ was added and a kitchen in the back. In 1961, a
basement was added for central heating, Also, a washroom was added to
the Sunday school.
2006, the church disbanded owing to financial burden.